Synchronize time blocks for the execution of your tasks with the Outlook calendar
After connecting to your Outlook 365 calendar, you can enjoy these possibilities:
- Show Husky time blocks in Outlook (in the browser, in the desktop application and on your smartphone).
- Show Outlook meetings in Husky so you don't schedule time blocks for tasks when you have appointments.
- Move and delete time blocks in Outlook, which are automatically adjusted in Husky as well.
Properties of a Husky time block in Outlook
- Each time block is preceded in Outlook by [Husky] so you can see immediately that your planned time blocks are.
- At the description in Outlook you will find the description that belongs to this task, as well as the full context information (for example at which moment, channel, project and plan this task belongs).
- Each time block also has a direct link to the item in Husky, so you can change the status, finish the task, upload files or start an online discussion.
Tip we received from a Husky user: use conditional formatting to find all time blocks with [Husky] to color them in your Outlook calendar. See the how to video.
How to connect to Outlook 365?
- Click on My integrations in the upper right corner under your name.
- Choose Outlook 365 and click Connect.
- Login to your Microsoft account and grant Husky permission to exchange data.
- Check in your task calendar and your Outlook that the timeframes and appointments are displayed.
It is possible to renew or disconnect the connection afterwards in My integrations.
- The synchronization runs in the background and checks every 5 minutes what needs to be changed.
- Husky does not work with all versions of Exchange, only with Exchange Online which is used for Office 365. Contact your IT service to start using this. Also have a look at this help article from Microsoft about why REST API may not be available for your account and what to do about it.
- It is also possible to synchronize with a free Outlook.com address. This can be used as a work-around to get your task schedule in your calendar application. Appointments have to be placed in the Outlook.com calendar.
- Only you will see your Outlook-meetings in Husky. Colleagues won't see your planned meetings.