What are channels and moments?
The communication part is the place for all planned communication with your target group. Some examples: direct mailings, newsletters, events, advertising campaigns ...
- A channel is the gathering place for one or more moments. It answers the question 'how (or where) do we communicate?
- A moment is specific communication that is sent out to your target group. It answers the question 'when (and what) do we communicate?
Every channel belongs to a project. And because moments belong to a channel, those moments also belong to a project.
- A channel has a name, a description, tags, participants and an owner. Moments are not required because sometimes you want to add all your channels first and then assign dates to them.
- A moment has a name, a description, a start and end date, a status (default is 'Not started'), budget, tags, participants and an owner.
Multichannel moments where moments are mirrored in other channels, projects or plans allow for a complex setup of your communcation planning. You can link a moment to multiple channels in Extra context.
Depending on where you are:
- Navigate to the Communication section and in the calendar with 4 weeks or a full year, click +Add channel in the top left corner of your calendar.
- Navigate to a Project, on the Communication section and in the 4 weeks or full year calendar, click +Add channel in the top left corner.
- Navigate to the Communication section and in the calendar with 4 weeks or a full year, click +Add moment in the top left corner of your calendar.
- On the week calendar of Communication, hover your mouse over the title of the day and a purple button +Add moment will appear. Click on it.
- Click on a Channel of a project, and add new moments in the sidebar.
- Click on the + icon next to Communication in the left navigation bar.